Ultrasonic Water Testing Support System
Kee Klamp turns up in the most unusual places. Jerry, from Colorado, used Kee Klamp fittings to construct a support system for an ultrasonic water testing device. The structure was built to cantilever out over the edge of a spillway. His design featured the ability to swing the unit over to the side so that the sensor could easily be maintained.
Jerry really liked working with Kee Klamp fittings and this is what he had to say about the project when all was said and done:
1. I think if I were to do it again I would order continuous lengths of pipe regardless of the shipping costs.
2. I used 2 flange plates to hold the sensor in an unusual way. I didn't make the sensor tight, it still has plenty of wiggle room to compensate for expansion and contraction.
3. The wire is at least hidden for the most part. So is the sensor element on the bottom.
4. I designed it so that the whole thing can swing to the side of the rail for servicing if necessary.
5. We torqued every screw - it really is heavy! (but VERY solid).
Kee Klamp has been used by scientists and EH&S professionals all over the world to build custom measurement structures. We've helped customers who were building underwater acoustic fish counters to football coaches who want to monitor video from on high, all the way to people attaching solar panels to their recreational vehicles. Bottom line, Kee Klamp fittings offer great flexibility in building custom tubular structures that are durable enough to stand up to harsh outdoor conditions. If you need help building a support system for just about anything, contact our projects team who will be able to assist you in selecting the appropriate fittings for your project.