- Base Kit - The base kit includes all the necessary brackets to support the grab rail. The base kit also includes the necessary pipe for the end returns.
- Length of Railing - Select the number of feet for your hand railing. In most cases, estimating to the nearest foot works great. See instructions below for calculating the grab rail length.
Max Railing Length: 7 ft. 10 in. If you need a longer railing, please contact us directly for a custom railing.
- Extra Brackets - If you have more than two posts then you will need extra brackets to support the railing. As a rule of thumb you will need to add an additional bracket every six feet.
- Powder Coating - This galvanized railing kit comes in a silver finish but can be powder coated for an additional fee.
NOTE: This will add 3-4 weeks to your lead time.
- Mounting Hardware (2 for each bracket)
- Wood - 1/4" Lag Screws
- Brick - 1/4" Tapcon Screws or Sleeve Anchors
- Concrete - 1/4" Toggle Bolts, Chemical Anchors or Wedge Anchors
- 5/16" Allen Wrench
- Standard Drill
- Hammer Drill (for drilling brick and concrete)
Need a Simple Railing for Your Stairs?
This is a simple, easy to install railing that mounts to stair steps. The railing is completely galvanized and is designed for greater durability and flexibility than standard railing systems.
This railing is designed to be ADA compliant.
Select Your Options
Landlords who need to install long lasting durable railing to meet building code requirements.
Home owners who are looking for a robust railing that meets insurance requirements.
Business owners who need to provide railing for steps around their business.
The pipe and fittings come in a standard galvanized coating. A standard powder coating finish can be added for an additional fee. Standard colors are shown below. Additional colors are available upon request.
Please allow an additional 3 weeks for delivery on railings that are powder coated.
The kit contains the following components
|1||Handrail Pipe (1.66 O.D.) - Custom Length|
|2||Horizontal Sections Pipe (1.66 O.D.) - 6"|
|2||Vertical Sections Pipe (1.66 O.D.) - 12"|
|2||565/514-7 Wall Mounted End Return|
|2||554/514-7 Variable Angle|
|3||570-7 Wall Mounted Handrail Bracket|
|4||520/514-7 90 Degree Solid Elbow|
Installation RequirementsAdditional Required Materials (not provided)
Calculating Railing Length
This simple way to do this is to have someone stand at the bottom of the steps holding the end of the measuring tape. Walk to the top fo the stairs while each of you hold the measuring tape 3 feet off the ground. Record the length when you have positioned the ends where you want the railing to begin and end. In most cases, estimating to the nearest foot works great. Tip: Longer is better. Your hand rail can be cut shorter if needed before install.
The mathematical way of calculating would be to measure the rise and run of the steps and then calculate the length of the railing by the following formula:
Railing Length = √ height2 + length2
The square root of the height squared plus the length squared will give you the proper length of your railing.
We have live customer support, home grown in New York State. Contact our customer service department and they can answer any questions you have about configuring or installing a railing.