Bridge Lifting Point with BeamClamp I Beam Connectors
BeamClamp I-beam connectors make up a steel I-beam connection system that is an alternative to drilling or site-welding. This project shows their use in the rehab of a bridge in France. The steel deck of the bridge was being replaced and BeamClamp was used to secure a lifting point to the I-beams that would support the new steel decking.
An engineered connection system like BeamClamp has a number of advantages in a scenario like this:
- No welding is needed on the bridge - easier and safer
- No drilling is needed, the system just clamps on - quicker and easier
- The connection has a precise loadings that can be calculated - safer
An engineered connection is a better I-beam connection, and in the case of this bridge project the engineers agreed.
Here are a couple of comments from the folks who installed and used this BeamClamp I-beam connection system.
- "The product was simple to use for our application."
- "Quickly installed. Fixings set-up and tightening done without any issues."
- "All dimensions supplied by Simplified Building were spot on."
- "Compliant to level of expectation"
- "We could have welded but it implied marking the steel and degrading the overall aesthetics of the beams."
Learn more about the BeamClamp I-beam Connection System.