Attach Handrail Uprights to Floor Grating
Until now, there have not been many options to attaching a handrail to a steel grating floor. You can weld, but that can be costly and dangerous. You can build an offset handrail that attached to the side of the structure, but installation can be difficult. We have a new fitting and grating clip which make attaching handrail uprights to steel, aluminum or fiberglass grating even easier. The trick is to use a 262 fitting, with a G Clip GM. Using these two components allows you to connect handrail bases to floor gratings in a simple and straight forward manner from one side of the surface.
See the pictures below for an overview. See our fitting page and G Clip page for more information on those components.
1. Insert the bottom half of the G Clip from the tops side of the grating
2. Connect the grating clip to the grating with the bottom fastener
3. Slide the 262 Fitting onto the bolt on the clip.
4. Fasten the fitting to the clip with standard nuts and washers.
5. Slide in your upright pipe and tighten the set screws.
Thats it! In several minutes youve created a connection that is as strong as a weld, but is not prone to rust and requires no specialized labor to install.