- Landlords who need to install a durable railing to meet building code requirements.
- Homeowners who are looking for a robust and cost-effective handrail that meets insurance requirements.
- Business owners who need to provide railing for steps around their business.
- Base Kit - The base kit includes two uprights and all the necessary fittings to support the grab rail. End caps and mounting hardware are also included.
- Handrail Length - 5 ft.
- Powder Coating Color - Flat Black (Save $100 compared to an optional powder coat on Surface 29 rails)
The Flat Black 29 is an affordable, attractive and easy to install stair handrail that mounts to your stairs. The 5-foot galvanized railing is powder coated in flat black and is designed for greater flexibility than standard off-the-shelf handrail systems.
The affordable 29 fitting used in the railing can accommodate any stair set with a 30° to 60° angle.
What You Get
All mounting hardware and an allen wrench are included.
A Word About ADA
These railings have not been designed to fit the requirements of ADA. If you need a railing that meets the ADA code, please see our ADA handrail page.
Check our FAQ below. If your question isn't answered, we have live customer support, homegrown in New York State. Contact our customer service department and they can answer any questions you have about configuring or installing a railing.
Calculating Railing Length
This simple way to do this is to have someone stand at the bottom of the steps holding the end of the measuring tape. Walk to the top of the stairs while each of you holds the measuring tape 3 feet off the ground. Record the length when you have positioned the ends where you want the railing to begin and end. In most cases, estimating to the nearest foot works great.
The mathematical way of calculating would be to measure the rise and run of the steps and then calculate the length of the railing by the following formula:
Railing Length = √ height2 + length2
The square root of the height squared plus the length squared will give you the proper length of your railing.
Downloads & Documents
|Manufacturer||Simplified Building Concepts|
|Installation Difficulty||Easiest - No pipe cutting or pipe drilling required.|
|Railing Type||Slip-On - Fittings wrap around grab rail.|
|Railing Ending||Open Ended|
|Mounting Angle||Standard Stair Angles (30-60 degrees)|
|Pipe Drilling Required?||No|
|Pipe Cutting Required?||No|
|Mounting Style||Base Flange|